- Work with the client to understand the business requirements and translate them into Network Security requirements
- Design, develop and implement network security solutions, plans, policies, and procedures
- Identify challenges in deployed solutions and troubleshoot by working with various other IT teams
- Management, administration & maintenance of security devices including but not limited to Proxy, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Intrusion Detection System (IDS), VPN Concentrators, Network Access Control (NAC)
- Identify and report on metrics to ensure efficient use of the network security services
- Work with SOC team to configure use cases for proactive network security detection
- Effectively aid in incident management activities by working with SOC and other incident response teams
- Create and present reports to client stakeholders on periodic basis
- College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of dedicated experience in security with at least 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience with Network and Network Security tools administration across more than one product vendor (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Proxy, Firewall, IPS, IDS, technologies
- Experience in the following products
- Cisco Firepower
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco ISE
- Palo Alto Firewall
- Experience in network troubleshooting using tools like WireShark, etc.
- Knowledge of log management and integration with SIEM/SOC
- Knowledge in integration with Two Factor Authentication and Single Sign On solutions
Nice to Have
- Experience in Network Segmentation – design, implementation, and management
- Experience in deployment of network security tools and technologies in any public cloud – AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, etc.
a. CCNA, JCNA, etc.
b. CompTIA Network+
c. CompTIA Security+
g. Public Cloud - AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud
Key skill Required
- Security Consultant – Network Security