- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests
flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
sort, code and match invoices
set invoices up for payment
enter and upload invoices into system
track expenses and process expense reports
prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
prepare and perform check runs
post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
reconcile accounts payable transactions
prepare analysis of accounts
monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
maintain vendor files
correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
produce monthly reports
assist with month end closing
provide supporting documentation for audits
maintain accurate historical records
maintain confidentiality of organizational information
Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Budgeting and reporting
Advising on strategic planning and business planning
Completing all tax-related material
Overseeing benefits and compensation packages
Creating financial statements for internal and external company requirements
Providing financial analysis and forecasting
Supporting auditing projects
If a senior role, it could also include supervising a finance team
Key skill Required
- MS Excel